Saturday, December 12, 2009

A Day in the Life

"well I just had to laugh"
mid-night bathroom break for baby boy. DH gets up to help him, but he screams for Mommy! Apparently I've got the secret touch when it comes to sitting him on the toilet. I wish I could hand off that distinction. And somehow, when he needs a drink, again, only I am worthy of getting it. grr....

"Woke up, fell out of bed"
wake up. stumble around like a zombie looking for the coffee pot. "Aka, hurry, come on, hurry, we're late for school!" The boy runs everywhere, but tell him to hurry and he turns into molasses.

"and looking up, I noticed I was late"
Drop off Aka, hurry to training day. A bunch of old ladies and me. Is my profession just for old ladies? Am I an old lady and don't realize it?

lunch break at Indian restaurant. Yummy, but old ladies followed me....umm....I planted my nose in a book and pretended not to see them. harsh.

more training, then hurry home and DH asks *me* what's for dinner? Huh? Um, you tell me darling.

"but I just had to look"
In attempt to get into the Christmas spirit, herd the family to living nativity despite protests. "I'm hungry...it's too cold..." (no, that wasn't the kids, it was DH again!) Arrive at nativity, taken in 5 minutes of goats, sheep, and rain and decide to hit the road.

Quick trip to HEB to get lights for tree (only thing we don't buy!) and then home to watch a movie.

And now you know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

With all the references to one of my favortie Beatles' songs you have now become my favorite blog. That is all.

Kelincha said...

Glad I have your stamp of approval.

Jenn Dietz said...

LOL - love it! :)