Best Workshop or Conference- I went to a very helpful workshop on teaching reading to adults. As a teacher, this is the area that I struggle with the most. We have very limited time with our adult students, and I find that I tend to skip over reading, thinking that they can do it on their own time. The workshop given by Heide Wrigley helped me with some new ideas and also, just to better understand the need for classroom instruction in this area.
Album of the Year- hmm...well, I used to be very concerned with music, constantly scouring music magazines and pouring over the bins at CD Warehouse, but, getting married, having no money, living in Uzbekistan, having kids....it "cured" me of that particular obsession. All that to say, my finger is not on the pulse anymore. This year I listened to plenty of different things, but I actually only bought one CD and it was Taylor Swift's "Fearless." I love her music, pop hooks, first love kinda lyrics and I think...*mic grab------"I'mma let you finish but (insert your fave here) had the best album of the decade!*
Best Change you made to the place you live- I moved! Yay! No more meth labs, no more pit bulls running around unleashed, no more downstairs neighbors shouting profanely through the night. No more bumping into the walls in my teeny tiny kitchen. No more 3rd floor breezeways that look like they may detach from the building any moment. Yay for our own house!
Thanks for your attention. Good day!
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment